Peer into the life of a law school graduate/wannabe entertainment lawyer.

Monday, March 29, 2004

Rocket Bob

I received a phone call on my cell this past Saturday afternoon from my best friend. I was happy he called because we had been playing phone and email tag for a while and we needed to catch up. So after 30 seconds of bullshitting about the day, he said "I have a favor to ask you." I was 100% sure that it involved Bob's lack of computer knowledge. But rather than tell him I had no internet access -- a rare occasion, no doubt -- I asked him what was up. His response: "I'd like for you to be my best man at my wedding." After a "WHAT?!" and an "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!", I determined my boy wasn't fucking around. I told him it would be an honor. I couldn't be happier for Bob and his wonderful fiancee -- and fellow ER doc -- Stephanie. Bob is my oldest and closest friend; a better man does not grace this earth.

Once I hung up with the Bob, I called my girlfriend to tell her. I don't think I said a word before tears were welling-up in my eyes. You see, I was visiting my college for the weekend for both business and pleasure. I had just seen some old friends on campus and was walking around my old 'hood reminiscing when Bob called with the news. Needless to say, it was very emotional for me. So I shed a few tears. Big deal. I'm sure I'll shed more at the wedding. And definitely at the bachelor party.

I'm thinking Mitch-a-Palooza...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home