Peer into the life of a law school graduate/wannabe entertainment lawyer.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"So You're Saying There's A Chance?!?!"

Two years ago, I e-mailed my resume to a bigwig in the music industry, who happened to be a friend of a friend. I received the following response:

"Dear Paralawyer,

Thank you for your resume. As you are probably aware, the music industry is in turmoil right now. therefore, we are not hiring at this time. Best of luck...yada yada yada."

In the throws of moving to suburbia 3 weeks ago, I came across that letter. So I decided to contact Mr. Bigwig again to see if he had any openings at his record label. He called me yesterday and began the conversation with the following:

"Hi Paralawyer....as you are probably aware, the music industry is in worse turmoil now than it was two years ago."

And then he even added, "if you weren't dead-set on a career in the music industry, i would tell you to run the other way."

Fan-fucking-tastic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

There's always room in the TV industry! And there's a lot of music on TV...

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home