Peer into the life of a law school graduate/wannabe entertainment lawyer.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

At last!

Well, boys and girls, after 2 stress-filled weekends, I have finally finished recording all the drum parts to my new album. It's not mine alone; my best friend (Rocket) and I have been working on it for about 6 months. He wrote most of the music, I wrote all the drum and percussion parts, I did most of the producing, and we both arranged the songs.

To give you an idea of the sound, our goal was to record an album in the jazz-funk vein -- ala Soulive, Karl Denson, Addison Groove Project. But it quickly became apparant that our rock and pop roots would inevitably seep into the music. So it's more or less a funky, groovy pop album. We also covered a very popular rock tune from the 90's and turned it into a cool, swinging track.

Big props to The Girlfriend, who threw me a BIG bone by letting me setup my full drum kit in the crib for 2 weekends so I didn't have to record my drum parts on a keyboard. Praise Jesus. I will be tracking a whole buttload of percussion parts over the next week or two, and then Rocket and I will mix the final album. I will keep you updated on the status. (We may even create a website and/or MySpace site for your listening pleasure...or displeasure...depending upon how it ends up.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home