Peer into the life of a law school graduate/wannabe entertainment lawyer.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Pondering The New Year

I never make New Year's resolutions. There's no point in setting up myself for failure. But lately I've been giving serious thoughts to my goals for 2006. They consist of the following:

1) Get a job that doesn't make me want to kill my boss.
2) Significantly reduce the number of CDs that I copy for co-workers and friends.
3) Learn how to properly play all of the latin percussion instruments I own.
4) Add to my latin percussion lineup.
5) Finish Album #1 with Rocket.
6) Record Album #2 with Rocket, making it 1,000 times better than Album #1.

In keeping with the music theme of Goals 1-6, my last goal is to start producing and mixing albums for independent, up-and-coming artists who have yet to release a full-length album. In other words, I want to be the guy that artists can go to in order to make their demo or first full-length album much better than it would be on their own. The way I figure it, my industry connections + Rocket's musical ability + my musical ability + my production/arranging ideas + my mixing ability + 2 solid project studios = an interesting/profitable/fun concept.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

7) Make an honest woman out of The Girlfriend.

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home