Peer into the life of a law school graduate/wannabe entertainment lawyer.

Friday, January 27, 2006

True Story

My buddy lost his iPod. No idea where he lost it. Until along came a man named Steve...

Steve takes the harlem line train and was on the 6:38 train Wed night. Steve got up at the right time to find my buddy's iPod sitting on a seat near him.

Steve, being the resourceful man he is, contacted Apple on his own and reported the iPod to their customer service department. Apple used the serial number on the back of the iPod to locate the owner (my buddy).

Apple then gave Steve my buddy's home phone number and he proceeded to call, spoke to my buddy's mom (who relayed the message to him) and in less than a day, my buddy walked 12 blocks from our office to pick up the iPod from steve. (Of course my buddy gave him a reward cause that's how he rolls. However, his iPod is priceless to him, so no amount of money could have been enough of a reward for Steve's thoughfulness.)

It puts a lot of faith back in humanity when someone returns something to you...no matter what it is...or how insignificant it could be to another person.

That being said, the two things to keep in mind are:

1) ALWAYS REGISTER YOUR APPLE PRODUCTS!

2) Do your best to return lost property to someone else, because next time it could be your iPod or PDA or camera or wallet...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

good story, wise one. I lost my wallet and someone looked at the address on my license and returned it. He left a note and I sent a thank you to the address on the note, but it was returned to sender. Hmmmm....also whomever found my wallet (may not have been person who returned it) bought a few $20 MetroCards. Either way, I got everything back. Another story to add to yours.

2:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home